Parking and the World We Live In

Do you remember when Marty gets his "dream truck" in Back to the Future?  If you remember, he opens the garage at his parents' home and finds that sweet piece of Toyota goodness parked inside . . . at a strange angle:


It's a bold choice.  To get the money shot of the truck, it needs to be at a pitch inside the garage.  We can suspend our belief that someone would park a truck in such a ridiculous fashion because, after all, we've already had to accept that time travel takes place through a stainless steel car (not to mention the gull wing doors).  I could never believe that someone would actually park a truck like this.  But then I came upon this sight when going to my truck to come home from work:


No matter what your worldview, you probably think the world is filled with all sorts of evil and some bad folks.  I'm no optimist, but, if I was, this would have sent me over the edge.  Absolutely terrible.  I just don't want to live in a world where this abomination can take place.  Was the driver bothering anyone?  Admittedly, no.  There were plenty of parking spaces to go around.  Did the driver's parking take away from my own parking job?  Again, no.  I was free to park how I wanted, and I did so beautifully.  But the fact stands that this driver skirted around some arbitrary organizational lines drawn by the building manager and did it without any shame.  [shaking head]

No comments: