The Turning Two Turnaround


Last year, I wrote an open letter to our two eldest kids to mark their first birthday.  In that letter, Anna and I resolved to, at the risk of sounding entirely hokey, "live in the now" as we raised you over the past year.  In this celebration comes a strange lament for your parents, a feeling that the rate that time moves has surpassed our ability to account for it all.  That sentiment is summed up in that letter, so I will not spend anymore time revisiting it.

Today is our twins' second birthday, and, at this point, they've filled the world with more joy and laughter than was due from them.  My hope for them is that this will always be true, that, in a world seemingly running great deficits of joy, our children will operate in the black, greeting each morning with the same grins I see when I open their door to wake them up.

The video above is a celebration of the past two years.  We thank all of our dear friends for being a part of our children's lives.  We hope they reciprocate the same friendship and love that you have showed them both to you and to others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to two of my favorite little people and congratulations to two of my favorite normal sized people. :)