Catching Up: The Padgetts Go to Washington

Aspirational and Glowing View

Pessimistic and Dingy View

[In the Catching Up series, the Padgetts try to give you fair and adequate notice of their various goings-on during their long hiatus from posting on the blog.]

A few months ago, Anna and I traveled up to DC for me to swear into the DC bar and to see some friends. It was a great trip, and we wish we could have spent more time in the city.
Our hotel was a block from the Capitol. So I found a park bench and plowed through some work during some our down time. The day was beautiful. Matching-shirt tour groups passed by me, and I was in a suit flipping through redweld files. I wonder of any of the touring folks thought I was someone important. One could hope.  Perhaps I should have worn sunglasses or a Bluetooth earpiece. Are those items not the indicia of highfalutiness?

Photo Notes: Credit to me. Taken on the above-mentioned trip.
Family Discussion Points: What is your favorite DC landmark? Can a career politicians ever truly represent their constituencies?  Do fat cats ever eat regular ketchup, or do they forever dip their fries in a truly fancy tomato-derived product?

No comments: