Working Titles

When you are pregnant with multiples, the doctors and nurses adopt a clinical and cold reference system for your children: Baby A and Baby B. Baby A is the baby closest to the cervix (wherever that is--that isn't a lady part the dudes are responsible for knowing, I think). Doesn't that seems a bit harsh and boring?

We have abandoned these so-called "doctors'" system and given our fetuses working titles. Baby A is Biscuits, and Baby B is gravy. This follows our Southern culinary roots and, I believe, serves as a compromise on Anna's behalf. Addy's middle name is Macaroni, which Is the result of a long-fought lobbying effort with the wife. I like food names, but I can understand why they may be a poor choice for a lifetime commitment. Still, I am happy I at least got biscuits and gravy in the mix somewhere.

Photo Notes: This picture is licensed from the appropriately named Flickr user snowpea&bokchoi. I altered the picture slightly under the license. It looks delicious, which is a weird thing to say in a baby-related post.

Family Discussion Points: What is your favorite food? Would you want to be named after this food? If you were trapped with your friends on a snow-covered mountain pass for months, do you think you would start naming your friends after foods?

No comments: