My Last Tortilla?

Last night, we went to Boston to pick up Wendy. She's a friend that we met when we lived in Cincinnati. Megan joined us for the ride because--wait for it--we went to Chipotle on our way down. Megan, Anna, and I all love Chipotle burritos, but we don't have a restaurant close to us in Concord. So, we usually get a burrito whenever we head down towards Boston.


The thing I never understood about Chipotle was why some people would get the burrito bowl (a burrito without the tortilla). The tortilla is delicious. In my mind, I concluded that these people were trying to cut out carbs. But how would eating a big bowl of rice help in the big picture?

Well, I looked at the nutritional infomation and discovered that (as pictured above) the tortilla alone is 290 calories. Check out the amount of sodium too: 670mg. If I'm adopting the Eat This, Not That mindset, the bowl option cuts out some major calories and salt yet delivers the flavors of the burrito innards.
The worst part is that I'm capable of eating two burritos at once. I've done it a few times. I had no idea what I was doing to my body!
I love my Chipotle, so I'm glad that they make the bowl option. Because we don't get Chipotle very often, I don't feel bad about getting the full burrito, but I will probably opt for the bowl option when we move back to the Queen City and can/will have Chipotle more often.

1 comment:

Mike Tiemann said...

I'm one of those insane people who gets the burrito "bol." It allows me to enjoy their rice and pintos without worrying about tortilla carbs. Delicious!
By the way, welcome to the blog world! But who is this Thea and what am I supposed to shave?