Puzzle Completed

It was time for some old-school (and relatively inexpensive) entertainment, so I picked up a couple of jigsaw puzzles at Target. The one I was most looking forward to was the New York City panorama puzzle by Buffalo Games. It was a great puzzle and presented a several challenges. First, it was not in color, so there was one less way to distinguish one piece from another. Second, over half of the puzzle's picture is water, so those pieces certainly took the longest. Towards the end, we were relying only on the shape of the piece to allow us to solve it.

I really like the entire line of these city panoramic puzzles. I'd really like to do the Boston puzzle if we work on another one of these. They are terrific pictures, and the end product is around three feet in length--the perfect size to fill an empty wall. Plus they're only 750 pieces per puzzle, so they're not the biggest time commitment. Anyone done a good puzzle lately?

Tip: Target had their Big Ben-brand puzzles on sale. I don't know if it's everywhere or how long it lasts, but I picked up a beautiful 1000 piece for under $4.00. Also, look for the Charles Wysocki Americana Puzzle Collection if that's your style.

1 comment:

Jennie Callahan said...

I do enjoy a good puzzle! (I went to school with Anna if you're wondering and read your blog every day. Thanks for the subscription to mine also).

My husband and I decided tv was just horrible and bought a puzzle to keep from watching mind-numbing reruns or worse - reality tv!

Ours came from Wal-Mart, was about 1000 pieces and produced an adorable picture of a duck hunting scene. (My husband is an avid duck hunter.)

We had fun putting it together, although it engulfed our kitchen table. It is now framed and hanging in our bedroom.

I like your New York skyline. I've been looking for a panoramic one of Paris in black and white.

Keep up the witty blogs!