Graduation Pictures

Graduation is upon us. May 16th is the day, people! In preparation for graduation, I've already signed up for a gown and measured my melon for my mortarboard. Unfortunately, we're not supposed to wear regalia from our other degrees. My masters stole (music is pink) would really rock with the color of the law (purple). To get the full effect, I should get some sort of degree in social work so I could clothe myself in a citron-colored gown. It's a shame that they won't let me celebrate previous achievements, particularly when my masters program was far, far more work than law school and I didn't get to walk at CCM's graduation because of law school exams.

Still, graduation will be fun. It's outside in White Park (across the street from the school), so Anna is probably going to bring Addy to the ceremony. How should I preserve memories of the day? The school has contracted with a photographer and left information in my mail slot today. Here's a sample picture from the handout:

I love it! A true patriot, obtaining a legal degree before a furling/unfurling symbol of the nation. Everyone will think that I'm polesitting on the smaller, neighboring flag pole--perhaps for the state flag or the city park department flag.

If I'm going to go this route, I'll need to tan a little lest I blend in with six of the stripes on the flag. I'll also need to conquer my acrophobia to be able to sit still long enough at that height.

I need to contact the photographer with some questions: What if it's a windless day? Are they willing to break flag code and lower it down to a reasonable height for the picture? This is going to be really complicated, so I might just opt for the standard picture of me walking across the platform. It's not as bold, but it's safe.

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the upcoming graduation!

Be careful with that pole-sitting. It sounds dangerous. And painful. Perhaps until you guys procreate you shouldn't undertake such risks.