From the Floor: The Bichon is Back

Adelaide Macaroni Padgett is a puppy, specializing in sleep and play. She is author of The Perils of White Puppies in New England and Growling at Windmills. Her series for this blog, "From the Floor," strives to provide a commonplace-if not subaltern-view of newsworthy events.

Pembroke, NH--I'll admit it. Things have been rough the past few weeks, but I'm feeling much better now. I have been to the Banfield Pet Hospital five times since President's Day, and I'm ready for someone to invent an oral thermometer for dogs. Before anything else is said, I want to give a big thanks to everybody that works at my hospital. They were so sad to see me not feeling good, and all of the people treated me like royalty. Great job.

We're still not sure what caused the mass on my back leg, but it seems that part of my problems were in my intestines. That part has now been cleared up in a rather unspeakable manner.

Between all of my vet visits, I've gotten the full treatment. I know that I don't have Lyme disease or Addison's disease. Cushing's disease is out too. So, I'm still a mystery in some way, but my energy is back. I'm wagging my tail again, and I'm even bringing the big guy stuff to throw.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I haven't felt this good in three weeks, but I don't want to go nuts just yet. Ill betide the day when I have to get any more of those crazy tests done on my thirteen-pound body.

When I got back from the hospital, I could see the grass in the front yard. Sure enough, we've got a foot of snow today to cover it up. It's probably for the best. I still need my rest. Thanks, dear readers, for all of your thoughts and prayers; they definitely helped. Next time I see you, I'll give you a huge lick--on your lips.

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

Yay for a post from Addie! SO glad that sweet puppy is on the mend. Look forward to more of her musings.

P.S. Best blog post title EVER.