The Rest of the Day

In my previous post, I realized that I just told you the story of our morning, and it's been a rather eventful day.

After eating at Arnie's, Anna and I went to our last rehearsal with The Prodigals, our bluegrass band out in Henniker. As most of you know, Anna has been the choir director at Henniker UCC Church for the last couple of years. She's done an amazing job with the choir, and she realized that some of the people in the congregation are very, very talented instrumentalists as well. We've got two guitarists, a dobro player, a fiddler, an upright bassist, singers, various percussionists. We've done some great numbers over the past few years, and we've played at a few events too. Tons of fun (enjoy the picture below from this fall's Henniker Home Companion sendup). We're doing three numbers tomorrow, and I'll write about it tomorrow or Monday.


After rehearsal, Anna and I came back and just enjoyed the beautiful weather. It got up to around 50 today, and we loved it. I've been working on a pasta dish in my mind, and Anna and I put it together in the kitchen tonight. It contains fettucine, spinach, red pepper, onion, tomato, diced carrots, and artichokes. I cooked some chicken in a jerk sauce and put slices on the dish. It worked out well, but Anna and I both agreed that the dish needs some sort of sauce, so we'll be thinking that. Any suggestions or secrets?

This evening, we're watching the film The Majestic. The movie reminds me of The Rocketeer--another one of my favorite movies. I love the "Old Hollywood" look to movies and the accompanying music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I add salsa to things when I need a little liquid to smooth things over. It's sometimes a regrettable decision, but never forgettable.
-Dan

Jennie Callahan said...

Two suggestions, since you're apparently fond of red peppers, you might try roasting and pureeing them. Cut it with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and it's a light sauce. If you like pesto, you could incorporate some of that spinach with basil, parsley, or whatever you like your pesto made from. Good gracious - now I'm starving!