The Pits


That's not us in the picture. I have been wailing on my pecs, but that's certainly not my chin. Also, Anna's a blond. It's a great picture though. Imagine having a woman apply deodorant to your arms in the shadows of a taupe-walled room. Tonight in your dreams, friend.
This picture comes from http://www.thecrystal.com/, which makes mineral salt deodorants. I read about the product on Jorge Garcia's (Hurley on LOST) blog, and I decided that I'd try it.
Basically, you get a big chunk of mineral salt. After wetting it, you apply it to your underarm. The website explains that the salt allows you to sweat but prevents the bacteria that causes body odor. It doesn't have alcohol or aluminun in it. I'm a complete skeptic about stuff like this, but I wanted to give it a try.
So far, I'm good. I'm checking myself every few minutes or so (heavy skepticism), and I haven't observed any odor. I am carrying a back-up stick of more orthodox deodorant, so I'm safe--I think. If you see me around and I don't smell quite right, let me know. I won't be offended.

3 comments:

Mike Tiemann said...

I admire your courage. I've always found it strange that humans are the only species that doesn't enjoy its own B.O.

Mike Tiemann said...

The grammar in that sentence was terrible.

Julie Tiemann said...

Mike's brother uses that stuff and swears by it. I'll be curious to hear if it holds its own when you and Anna are re-creating that photo...