Lane 24


Last month, I told you how much I like to bowl. I also explained the concept of candlepin bowling. I went bowling this morning with Nate and Tess. The first picture in this post shows you the size of the ball (see below for the picture of the straight pins). They're really light, and you can really zoom them down the lane. I would guess that candlepin bowling is lot easier for children--at least in managing the ball.

I met Nate and Tess at Boutwell's at 10:30 this morning for a couple of quick games. I did not roll very well, but I definitely had a good time throwing rocks with friends.

After we finished a couple of games, we met Anna at Arnie's, a local eatery. Anna and I grew up in the South, and we know good BBQ. Let this be said: Arnie's has great ribs. My pulled pork was right on the money as well. Don't underestimate this place just because there are Yankees in the kitchen. They know what they're doing, and they make killer ice cream. I'm really happy that they're back (Note: Some restaurants take a hiatus through the harsh New England winters).

2 comments:

Mike Tiemann said...

To this day, the best ribs I've ever had were at your rehearsal dinner. Holy cow, they were incredible.

AP said...

Thanks, man. They were really good. I loved that chef, and I really loved his basset hound that wandered around the bluff during the wedding day. I sat down at one point and just gave that dog a good petting between the ears. It reminded me of that song "Block Dog" that you introduced me to.